In 2013 we cycled from Land’s End to John O’Groats, in 2016 from London to Paris, and in 2019 FamilyLife cycling will be going again.
Next year from 24-28 August we’ll be cycling some 300 or so miles from Canterbury to York (C2Y). As before we will be cycling to raise money for Toucan; the unique and amazing new app from FamilyLife which helps couples to strengthen their relationships and strengthen families.
C2Y will be challenging and fun, the daily distances (average 60 miles and fairly flat) will mean that it will be within the reach of most people with a small amount of training.
We are planning for 25 or so cyclists plus support team and will divide cyclists into groups based on average cycling speed. This means we can cater for any budding Chris Fromes as well as mums, dads and teenagers who are up for giving it a go.
We will be putting together a web site with more info at www.familylifruk.org/c2y (we’ll tell you when it goes live). For the time being please contact us to indicate whether you are interested in cycling or being part of the support team… we need two van drivers as well.
Here’s a little bit more detail:
• Dates: Depart Canterbury morning of 24th Aug, arrive York 28 Aug. Celebration dinner and prize giving on evening of 28th.
• Cost: likely to be £350-£450 per person. This will cover food and accommodation, cycle jerseys and support team costs.
• Accommodation organised by us, in youth hostels and hotels.
• Gore are offering 50% discount to participants on Gore cycle wear and Gore running wear.
• For those who want more of a challenge there will be an option to continue cycling from York to Newcastle via Durham, this will take an extra two days.
• During the ride we will visit a number of cathedrals: Canterbury, Rochester, Ely, Lincoln, York (and Durham for those who extend)
• We are looking for 25 cyclists and four people to make up the support team (including two van drivers).
• Each cyclist will be asked to raise £1,500 of sponsorship funding.
Please feel free to share this with friends who might be interested.
NOTE 26 August is a bank holiday so this will mean only two or three days out of the office.