We are passionate about helping strengthen marriages and families. We warmly invite you to attend this special training weekend to become a FamilyLife facilitator. We invite you to join us to be part of a growing movement of people who are helping support families in their communities across the UK. You will leave this weekend feeling confident and equipped to help deliver FamilyLife seminars and resources.
Mark & Christine Daniel
This training weekend covers:
- Speaker training.
- Facilitating A Day Together (ADT) events.
- Developing a personal ministry.
Start: 6pm Friday 26 June
Finish: 4.00pm Sunday 28 June
Fri/Sat: Saint James Centre, Oxford Road, Gerrards Cross, Bucks, SL9 7DJ
Sun: Youth Centre, The Memorial Centre, 8 East Common, Gerrards Cross, Bucks, SL9 7AD
Register online: Please register online using our partner Brown Paper Tickets.
Cost: We appreciate that you’re gifting your time and energy. We do not charge for our training, however we will ask for a contribution to cover costs of meals and materials (£50 per person. Bursaries available – please enquire.)
Friday 26th June, 6 – 10pm
Welcome & introductions, overview of the state of families in the UK today. FamilyLife vision and mission. Dinner all together.
Saturday 27th, 9.30am – 4.30pm
Event / ADT session facilitator training.
Saturday 27th, evening
You will be expected to make your own arrangements for dinner and work on preparing a short presentation as a couple.
Sunday 28th, 9.30am – 4pm
ADT facilitator training continued and developing a personal ministry.
FamilyLife facilitators are people who care about marriage and families and want to do something to support family life in their community. They are keen to use their gifts, talents and experience to help build a movement for healthy relationships and families. They are committed to the mission and values of FamilyLife.
People are invited to train as facilitators and join the FamilyLife team by invitation of FamilyLife UK leadership.
What does a FamilyLife ministry facilitator do?
- Commitment to a personal ministry to other couples by facilitating small groups using the Together resource.
- Help organise and facilitate seminars and events.
- Help publicise events and be proactive in inviting people to attend.
What is the commitment?
It is very important that your own marriage and family life is your first priority. We are looking for your participation up to a level that fits around your own home life and so the following is ONLY a guide and is flexible!
- A personal ministry as a couple leading small groups from time to time to disciple other couples. Otherwise, to start groups to follow up an event in your community.
- Speak at seminars and events (1-3 times a year).
- Some couples may be involved in helping organise events in their community (annual or biannual).
- We encourage you to attend the annual FamilyLife team gathering – Vision & Equipping. This is one Friday evening & Saturday a year for training. It’s a great time to meet, share news, encourage one another and pray together.
- We are committed to providing training, resources and support. We ask for you to cover your own costs of travel, accommodation etc as a gift to the mission of FamilyLife.
Qualities of ministry facilitators
You are NOT expected to be a perfect couple or have a perfect marriage! But you will be committed followers of Jesus and dependent on the Holy Spirit to help you grow in the Christian faith and in godly character and relationships. Speakers will need to be willing to be transparent as they share stories from their lives, particularly testimony to witness what God has done to help them grow and handle challenges.
Other important qualities are:
- Humility (1 Peter 5:6).
- Being open to Christian teaching (Proverbs 12:15).
- Willingness to serve and help others (Luke 16:10, Galatians 6:10).
- Integrity of character (1 Timothy 2:2).
- Willingness to share your experience (2 Timothy 2:2).
We would also expect you to have the support of your church leader.
Please contact us if you have any queries.