Two thousand years ago a handful of timid Jesus-followers started the greatest revolution the world has ever known. In the power of the Spirit, the Good News – the Gospel – exploded across the globe. People experienced life-changing encounters with God and Christianity shaped marriage, family life and our societies for the good.
Researchers tell us that now just 3% of the UK population follow Jesus. A similar picture is seen across Europe. Long-standing ideas about marriage and family life are also being challenged.
For most people Jesus’ name is a swear word, and they wouldn’t willingly come to church – or even be dragged there kicking and screaming!
And yet people are lonely.
How might we respond? What are the opportunities? How do the 3% reach the 97% with the Good News? What can we learn from the early disciples?
In his book Evangelism in the Early Church Michael Green concludes that it was through communities that the Gospel spread. The theme for FamilyLife’s Vision & Equipping (V&E) in 2020 is:
Building Kingdom Communities
We want to look at how we can create attractive Gospel-centred communities that love people where they’re at and introduce them to Jesus.
Come along to V&E 2020. We’ll be:
- Looking at today’s culture and discussing how the 97% experiences and longs for community.
- Exploring the Old and New Testaments, what we can learn from history and unpacking what it is to be a ‘Kingdom Community’ today.
- Asking what part do marriage and families play in community life? How do we live lives, marriages and family life – that are distinct as well as model community?
- Seeking to understand some of the barriers and challenges involved in growing community. We particularly want to help those who often feel left out.
- Hearing about what others are doing to build community.
- Equipping you with resources to build stronger marriages and help you live and share the Gospel in new ways.
Join us! You’ll meet like minded people from all over the UK and Europe and have the chance to network and make new friends. You’ll leave inspired, motivated and equipped to help build ‘Kingdom Communities’ where you live and work.
Where & when:
Saturday 8th February, 2020
9.30am – 5pm (REGISTRATION: 9am)
Renewal Christian Centre
We’re also having an “After Party” with amazing street food – BOOKING ESSENTIAL! More about the After Party.
Sunday 9th February – European FamilyLife Forum